The Ultimate Guide To Find The Best Email Marketing Service
Nothing can compare to email marketing when it comes to delivering a good ROI. Moreover, it is great for communicating with your customers directly.
Research suggests that there are around 4.258 billion people worldwide who are actively using email as of 2022. The number of users is expected to increase to 4.4 billion by 2022. Even with social media marketing being so powerful, email marketing has not lost its value. Instead, it’s thriving. But if you want to build a good relationship with your customers, increase engagement and reach out to them at the right moment. For this, you need a reliable tool that suits well with your operational needs.
There are tons of tools available, making it harder to choose one of them. Hence, we have compiled a list of the 21 best email marketing tools available in 2022.
In this guide, We reviewed and ranked the best email marketing tools, along with our top 3 choices, so that you can pick the best tool for you.
Don’t have time to read the complete post. Let’s jump straight to our top picks. Active Campaign and Constant Contact are the two best email marketing services that we recommend.
Before we start, let’s take a look at how the email marketing tool works and its importance.
The graph shows the increment in email users over the years.
What is Email Marketing and how does it works?
An email marketing tool is nothing but software that allows you to generate, handle, and enhance email marketing campaigns. A reliable marketing tool helps you to easily communicate with your customers and to send out newsletters.
It acts as an assistant and works for you when you are busy doing other important projects. The tool will build long-lasting relationships with customers and nurture other potential customers.
Why Email Marketing is important?
- An email marketing tool is nothing but software that allows you to generate, handle, and enhance email marketing campaigns. A reliable marketing tool helps you to easily communicate with your customers and to send out newsletters.
- It acts as an assistant and works for you when you are busy doing other important projects. The tool will build long-lasting relationships with customers and nurture other potential customers.
- It helps in increasing revenue and generating brilliant conversion rates. In 2020, the average conversion rate for email marketing was 15.11%.
Things You Must Consider Before Picking an Email Marketing Service.
Here are some of the factors you need to consider before choosing an email marketing service.
- Professional Templates
Make sure that the tool you are opting for has good templates designed by professionals. Most of your customers are going to read the emails on a mobile phone so, the templates should also be mobile-friendly.
- Sharing on social media
A good email marketing tool lets you add social media sharing options in the emails. Due to this, your email subscribers can easily share your ads on their social media.
Best Email Marketing Software in 2022
If you want to build and execute a successful marketing strategy, you need the best marketing tools that are available. To narrow down your search, we have curated a list of some of the best email marketing tools. We have made this list by comparing the key features, pros, and cons of the tools.
1. ActiveCampaign (Best Email Marketing Service)
ActiveCampaign is the best email marketing tool on this list. It is highly reliable, streamlined, and has a built-in CRM system that provides you with the up-to-date contacts of your customers. This helps you in staying connected to the customers and improves your relationship with them.
You can track the behaviors and preferences of your subscribers for deeper segmentation. They keep improvising and adding more templates and integrations to the tool to deliver the best services. Freelancers and small business owners can rely on it to grow their business and increase profits.
Due to its one-of-a-kind performance and dependability, this tool has gained over 150,000 customers worldwide as of 2022. And the number will keep increasing. It has over 800 integrations including Facebook and Microsoft. Reports suggest that more than 75% of customers use its integrations.
You can easily contact them via chat, call, or mail if you face any inconvenience as their customer service is top-notch.
- This tool can integrate with more than 200 services and apps.
- It can even track where your contacts travel or live for better-personalized emails.
- It has various paid plans including, a Lite plan for $9 per month, a Plus plan for $49 per month, a Professional plan for $149 per month, and an Enterprise plan for $258 per month.
- Easy on your wallet
- Features Zapier Integration
- Has great automation system
- No cons have been reported as of yet
Awards and Recognition
- TrustRadius awarded this platform with the “2021 Best of Feature Set Award”.
- It also won the award for the “Best Marketing Automation Software Companies of 2021”.
2. Constant Contact
Constant Contact is an easy-to-use, affordable email marketing tool that is ideal for first-time business owners. It is a pro when it comes to creating social ads, professional emails, and marketing campaigns.
The smart editor generates customized emails that look appealing and stand out on all devices.In addition to that, it helps you grow your online store with specialized email marketing for eCommerce tools.
They even offer live training sessions to make you understand the ins and outs of email marketing. You can use that information to grow your business rapidly.
With its great services, this tool has gained up to 600,000 customers worldwide. As per research, the total revenue of this tool is $420 Million as of January 2022.
- Its automated marketing system sends out a welcome email to the new subscribers.
- It offers contact segmentation and powerful list-building tools.
- It offers a free trial for one month to the new customers. The cost of the paid plans starts at $20 per month.
- Has a Drag-and-Drop editor
- Real-time reporting
- Landing page builder
- Multi-channel automation unavailable
Awards and Recognition
- This tool won various awards in 2012 and 2013 including the “2012 Small Business Influencer Award”, and “Boston Business Journal’s Power 50 Award”.
GetResponse is one of the most powerful and efficient email marketing tools in the world. It has professional templates and design tools that make the emails look more appealing. The Autoresponders generate email sequences to keep up with the subscribers and nurture them.
It has various significant features including A/B testing, landing page builder, and intuitive designs. A/B testing helps you to improve your customer’s experience by gathering information on the results.
This huge marketing platform serves over 350,000 customers in more than 180 countries worldwide. It became a remote-first company in 2020 and launched its Website Builder in 2021. It is entrusted by big companies such as IKEA and Revolut.
Their Five-Star customer success team provides customer support 24/7 in 8 different languages. You can even start live chats with their expert customer supporters.
- Automatically sends personalized emails to the customers according to their time zone and preferences.
- Generates Facebook, Google, and Instagram Ads to grow your audience.
- Its Basic plan costs $12.3 per month, the Plus plan costs $40.18 per month, and the Professional plan costs $81.18 per month.
- Free emails for up to 500 contacts
- Amazing templates
- Advanced filters allow you to segment your lists
- Does not offer 24/7 phone support
Awards and Recognition
This tool has won more awards than we can count. Here are a few of them.
- It became the “SourceForge Winter 2022 Category Top performer” in 2022.
- For its Website builder launch campaign, this platform was also awarded the “Platinum MarCom Award” in 2021.
Sendinblue is versatile, affordable, and one of the most established tools for email marketing. It has a form creator, automation programs, and segmentation. Moreover, it has an efficient built-in CRM and landing page builder.
- It allows you to send out email marketing campaigns to unlimited customers.
- It has more than 60 responsive email templates.
- The free plans offer up to 300 emails per day with various amazing features. The Lite plan costs $25 per month and has more features than there are in the free plan.
- Has inbuilt CRM
- Generates social media Ads
- Extra cost for creating advanced templates
HubSpot is a great email marketing tool that goes well with the requirements of inbound marketers. It allows you to sit on your chair and does all the necessary work for you as it has a highly reliable automation system.
- It comes with the A/B testing feature that helps you in creating the best emails possible.
- The tool has a drag-and-drop template editor too.
- It has a free-forever option with limited features. The cost of the Enterprise plan is $3200 per month and the Professional plan costs $800 per month.
- Ad management feature available
- Reporting dashboards present
Moosend is suitable for those agencies or eCommerce vendors who are looking for a pocket-friendly tool that comes with great features. Like all the other tools on this list, it features multiple email campaigns, and newsletters.
- This tool comes with a wide variety of customizable templates that are used to generate quick responsive campaigns.
- It offers a free trial for 30 days. The Pro plan costs $9 per month whereas, the Enterprise plan is customizable and costs accordingly.
- Offers list segmentation
- Interface design could be more modern.
This marketing tool suits well with the requirements of small businesses and entrepreneurs. It features a drag-and-drop editor that easily lets you generate custom emails. Moreover, its AI-powered assistant saves your time and generates branded email templates.
- It offers a free library of templates with more than a hundred designs.
- Automatically generates email content by tracking your latest posts.
- It offers free service for up to 500 customers. Its basic plan starts from $16.15 per month.
- Drag-and-drop editor
- Has AI-Powered assistant
- Some templates look old-fashioned
Email marketing tools like ConvertKit has been designed specifically for startups, beginners, or creative bloggers who are in need of growing their customer list. It goes well with various third-party applications like WordPress, Instapage, and more.
- This tool encourages the subscribers to purchase by automating your sales funnel and sending automated content to them.
- You can change the URL of an email even after it is created.
- It’s free for up to 300 subscribers and has various plans including the Creator plan which costs $9 per month and the Creator Pro plan which costs $25 per month.
- WordPress integration
- Offers limited A/B testing
Mailchimp is a great email marketing tool for beginners and startups that are looking to grow their brands. It comes with various features like data segmentation, A/B testing, and more. You can create free websites and paid ads with the help of this tool.
- Keeps track of the success of all the email campaigns.
- Generates emails using personalized templates for different customers.
- Its free plan allows you to send free emails to up to 2000 contacts and has limited features. Whereas, the Essential plan costs $9.99 per month.
- Offers A/B testing
- Checks open and click rates for different campaigns
- Limited campaign tracking
Drip is a highly progressive email marketing tool that is perfect for eCommerce business owners. Its high-quality integration with platforms like WooCommerce, Shopify, and Magneto increases its efficiency.
- It features an eCommerce CRM that allows you to engage with your customers on a personal level.
- With the help of this tool, you can communicate with your audience via SMS, email, and social media no matter where they are.
- It offers a free trial up to a certain period and the paid plans start from $19.
- Comes with interrogation abilities
- Provides great customer service
- Paid plans are a bit expensive
Omnisend is an efficient, user-friendly, and robust email marketing tool. It allows you to build a long-lasting relationship with your customers. Moreover, it is good even for small businesses and helps greatly in expanding their reach.
- It offers a set of amazing personalized templates that allow you to generate customized emails for your customers.
- Increases customer engagement by developing strategic marketing campaigns.
- For different plans and prices, different benefits are given. The standard plan costs $16 per month. Whereas, the pro plan costs $59 per month. It also has a forever-free plan option but provides limited features.
- Top-notch automation range
- Up to 500 emails/month for free
- For unlimited users, you have to take the Enterprise plan
SendPulse is one of the most efficient email marketing software that creates chatbots for Telegram and Facebook. This tool is great for increasing engagement and recognition of a brand. It allows you to create personalized emails for customers by collecting their contact information.
- This tool features a drag-and-drop editor that allows you to create responsive emails without any knowledge of HTML.
- Its free plan lets you send out 15,000 emails to 500 customers. The Standard plan costs $6.40 per month, the Pro plan costs $7.68 per month, and the Enterprise plan costs $10.75 per month.
- Offers more than 130 templates
- Has built-in CRM
- Does not have a built-in email cleaner
MailerLite is a tool that allows solopreneurs to easily send out marketing campaigns and improve their brand’s recognition. It features the basics that are required for successful marketing campaigns. More than 600,000 customers use this tool worldwide.
- It provides live customer support 24 hours a day via email and text.
- It allows you to improve your marketing benchmark by testing and streamlining your emails.
- It offers free services for up to 1000 subscribers. The free plans are good for beginners as they have limited features. The cost of paid plans of this tool starts from $15 per month.
- Very easy to use
- Offers flexible plans
- Could have had some more automation options
14. Campaign Monitor
Campaign Monitor is a reliable email marketing tool that comes with a drag-and-drop editor. It features more than 20 email templates that allow you to quickly prepare your campaigns. In addition to that, it can grow your email list by offering custom sign-up forms.
- This tool comes with an A/B testing feature that allows you to measure customer engagement.
- The data analytics program helps in tracking opens, clicks, shares, and more.
- It offers some limited features for free. For extra features, you need to get paid plans that start with $10 per month.
- Contact list segmentation is available
- Offers visual reporting
- Integration with Outlook
15. Freshworks CRM
Formerly called Freshsales, this email marketing tool packs tons of amazing features. With the help of this tool, marketers and sales representatives can collaborate and build strategies to increase customer engagement and sales.
- The email communication automation feature of this tool sends the right emails at the right time to the right customers.
- You can discover more about a customer with the dashboards and analytic features of these tools.
- It offers a free trial for 22 days. The rate of the paid plans starts from $29 per month.
- Contact list segmentation is available
- Offers visual reporting
- Integration with Outlook
16. Zoho Campaigns
Zoho Campaigns is a suitable email marketing tool for medium and small business owners. It streamlines your social media marketing campaigns. It also allows you to track the activities of a customer to create personalized emails.
- It allows you to choose from a wide variety of amazing default email newsletters.
- It can also generate social media Ads like Facebook Ads.
- It has a forever free option with limited features. If you have 1 to 500 subscribers, you will get a plan for $5 per month. The cost increases along with the number of subscribers.
- Analytical feature
- A/B test campaigns
- It could have more customization options
Mailijet is the favorite email marketing tool of European marketers. The highlight of this tool is that it can send out business class and transactional email sending. This increases the sales and growth of a company.
- This tool features a unique set of newsletter templates that you can edit and personalize at your convenience.
- It guarantees that your email will not end up in your subscriber’s spam folder.
- It offers a free trial of up to 30 days and a forever free plan. The Bronze plan costs $7.49 per month and the Crystal plan costs $21.95 per month.
- Has analytics dashboard
- Real-time tracking
- Limited automation conditions
EmailOctopus is a highly popular email marketing tool that seeks to deliver a much simpler, more value-adding, and intuitive email marketing. It features various customizable templates along with a drag-and-drop editor.
- You can attract more subscribers by creating more eye-catching landing pages.
- You can take advantage of the email automation feature that delivers campaigns at the right time.
- If you have up to 2500 subscribers, you can use it for free. The cost of paid plans for this tool starts from $20 per month.
- Has various pre-designed templates
- Segmentation option available
- The response rate may be low sometimes
SendX is a budget-friendly, reliable, and intuitive email marketing platform. It allows you to schedule and design email campaigns that help in increasing sales. You can even keep a track of clicks, unsubscribes, opens, and more with this tool.
- You can use high converting email pop-up forms, landing pages, and inline forms to create your email list.
- You can even create emails without HTML.
- This platform offers 14 days trial for a free, and the paid plans starts from $7.49.
- Drag-drop editor available
- Offers 24/7 customer support
- Email templates are limited
Pabbly is very popular among users and is a highly reliable email marketing tool. It enhances your performance by sending bulk emails to your subscribers in just one click. Moreover, it features a drag-and-drop email editor.
- This tool comes with more than 500 customizable email templates.
- Its subscription form allows you to gather business-related information.
- It has a free forever plan with very few features. Whereas, the Rookie, Pro, and Advance plans cost $24/month, $41/month, and $83/month respectively.
- Features MX cleaner
- The customer service could have been better
Gist is a highly efficient, dependable, and budget-friendly email marketing tool. It has some advanced features that allow you to keep a track of all the activities happening on your website. Moreover, it comes with a great automation feature that allows you to create visual workflows.
- The most amazing feature of this tool is its GistBot which can even book meetings 24/7.
- It has great marketing automation, advanced live chat, and event management,
- Like the other tools on this list, Gist also provides a free forever plan. The Professional plan costs $29 per month and the Premium costs $99 per month.
- Great automation
- Reliable customer support
- Lacks Webhook
So, this was the list of some of the best email marketing tools in 2022. We hope it helped you to make a decision. Some of these tools are more expensive than the others but they also have more amazing features. Know that a good tool can help you solve many of your marketing problems. Do proper research and invest in a tool that suits your needs and convenience so that you can use it for the long term.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What are the best email marketing tools in 2022?
All the email marketing tools on this list are good. However, ActiveCampaign, Constant Contact, and GetResponse are the top 3 tools. They are highly popular and have got various awards for their great performance and customer service. They also have the highest number of customers in the world.
- How to do email marketing for free?
There are various tools that allow you to do email marketing for free. Almost all the tools on this list have a free forever plan option. Except, you cannot get access to all the perks and features of the tool for free and you can use it only for a limited number of contacts.
- Why email marketing is important for small businesses?
For small businesses and startups, email marketing can turn out to be a great thing if it is used properly. Email marketing can easily connect you with a huge number of customers and grow your business without burning a hole in your wallet.
- How often should we send emails to the customers?
You should send a maximum of four emails a month to a customer. Sending more emails than that in a month can disturb the customer. They may even mark your emails as spam and you end up losing a subscriber. So, be strategic and send out only necessary and limited emails to a customer.
- Is email marketing still effective?
Even with social media being all-powerful, email marketing has not lost its potential. It is still one of the most effective ways to promote and grow a business. It allows you to reach out to individual customers and create a long-lasting relationship with them.