Pixel 8 Pro leaked by Google
The Pixel 8 Pro showed up on the Google Store under the subscriptions and services page. Google doesn’t explicitly say it’s the Pixel 8 Pro but the design matches leaked renders of the phone, and the alt text of the image also says, “a person takes a call on a Pixel 8 Pro phone in Porcelain.”
You clearly don’t need more evidence than this to figure out that it is indeed the Pixel 8 Pro. The camera module also gives it away with all three sensors now tucked together inside the pill-shaped module. In the Pixel 7 Pro, the cameras are separated at the back. Porcelain is also a new colour for the Pixel lineup, and one that has been rumoured previously. The Pixel 8 Pro is expected to come in three more colours of Jade, Licorice, and Sky.
Google Pixel 8 Pro specifications (Expected)
- Display: The Pixel 8 Pro is expected to feature a 6.7-inch QHD+ LTPO OLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: The smartphone will most likely be powered by the Google Tensor G3 chipset. It will also come with the Titan security chip.
- Cameras: The triple camera setup on the Pixel 8 Pro is said to include a 50MP primary camera with OIS, a 64MP ultrawide camera, and a 48MP telephoto lens. For selfies, there could be an 11MP front camera on the Pixel 8 Pro.
- RAM and storage: Google could launch the Pixel 8 Pro in two variants with 12GB RAM and storage options of 128GB and 256GB.
- Software: On the software front, the smartphone will most likely run Android 14 out-of-the-box.
- Battery, charging: Rumours suggest the Pixel 8 Pro will pack a 4,950mAh battery with 27W wired charging support.
- Other features: The Pixel 8 Pro is expected to feature a built-in temperature sensor, and an ultrasonic fingerprint sensor as well.