The last week of August has been quite busy with more than half a dozen phones launching in India and other major markets. iQOO secured the top place with three phones debuting this week. Besides iQOO, Motorola, Realme, Vivo, OPPO and others had their phones launched. In case you couldn’t catch the launches, we have compiled the list and here’s a quick look at the prices and specifications.
Moto G84 5G
Motorola has launched the Moto G84 5G in India as a premium mid-range offering. The phone has a lot going on for it, thanks to a pOLED display, 50MP OIS camera, 5000mAh battery and Android 13 OS. The handset features a vegan leather back panel.
- Display: 6.55-inch FHD+ 10-bit pOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619L GPU.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB LPDDR4x RAM and 256GB UFS 2.2 storage that is expandable via a microSD card.
- OS: Android 13 with My UX.
- Cameras: 50MP + 8MP ultra-wide-angle. There is a 16MP shooter on the front for selfies and video chats.
- Others: There is a side-mounted fingerprint sensor for security, IP54 rating, Dolby Atmos, and dual microphones.
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery with 30W turbocharging support.
- Price: Rs 19,999.
- OnePlus Open Beat Galaxy Z Fold 5 in Durability Test
- Massive price cut available on iPhone 12 Only on Flipkart
iQOO Z8 and iQOO Z8x
After the iQOO Z7 series, iQOO launched the iQOO Z8 and iQOO Z8x in China. These are the latest mid-range 5G offerings and offer superior performance. The phones come with a 120Hz refresh rate, Android 13 OS, and up to 120W fast charging support.
- Display: 6.64-inch FHD+ LCD screen, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: (iQOO Z8) Mediatek Dimensity 8200 SoC coupled with Odin MC6 GPU | (iQOO Z8x) Qualcomm Snapdragon 6 Gen 1 paired with Adreno 710 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: Up to 12GB LPDDR5 RAM and 512GB storage.
- OS: Android 13-based OriginOS 13 custom skin.
- iQOO Z8 Cameras: 64MP + 2MP rear cameras. A 16MP front camera.
- iQOO Z8x Cameras: 50MP + 2MP rear cameras. An 8MP selfie shooter on the front/
- Battery: 5,000mAh battery and 120W fast charging (iQOO Z8) | 6,000mAh battery and 44W fast charging (iQOO Z8x).
- Price: The iQOO Z8 price starts at RMB 1,699 (approx Rs 19,300) | The iQOO Z8x begins at RMB 1,299 (around Rs 15,000).
iQOO Z7 Pro
The iQOO Z7 Pro launched in India this week as a costlier version of the iQOO Z7 series. The handset has the most-premium design and hardware in the brand’s Z-series. The phone features a 3D curved AMOLED display and a unique gradient design, which elevates the design.
- Display: 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED display, 120Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 7200 5G chipset paired with ARM Mali-G610 GPU.
- RAM and storage: 8GB and 128GB/256GB.
- OS: Android 13-based Funtouch OS skin.
- Cameras: 64MP + 2MP dual cameras. There is a 16MP front camera.
- Battery, charging: 4,600mAh battery with 66W fast charging support.
- Price: Rs 23,999 for 8GB/128GB and Rs 24,999 for the 8GB/256GB model.
OPPO Find N3 Flip
OPPO has launched its next-generation foldable phone, the OPPO Find N3 Flip. This is the successor to the Find N2 Flip and uses a new ultra-light and solid-Seiko quasi-vertical hinge. This is based on aerospace-grade MIM alloy materials. The Find N3 Flip is powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 9200 SoC and retains the same 6.8-inch display.
- Display: 6.8-inch FHD+ AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate. There is a 3.26-inch AMOLED cover display.
- Chipset: MediaTek Dimensity 9200 SoC paired with Mali-G715 Immortalis MP11 GPU.
- RAM and Storage: Up to 16GB RAM and 512GB internal storage.
- Cameras: 50MP + 8MP + 32MP triple cameras. There is a 32MP front camera.
- Battery: 4,300mAh battery with 44W fast charging support.
- Software: Android 13-based ColorOS 13.1.
- Price: OPPO Find N3 Flip starts at CNY 6,799 (Rs 77,200 approx).
Vivo debuted the V29 series in India with the Vivo V29e. The handset comes with a dual-tone finish on the back panel with a diamond-cut design. Key specifications include a 50MP eye AF front camera for selfies, a 5000mAh battery and Android 13 OS out of the box.
- Display: 6.78-inch FHD+ AMOLED screen, 120Hz refresh rate.
- Processor: Snapdragon 695 8nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 619L GPU.
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR4x RAM and 128GB/256GB storage
- OS: Android 13 with Funtouch OS 13
- Cameras: 64MP + 8MP dual cameras. There is a 50MP AF front-facing camera.
- Battery: 5000mAh battery with 44W fast charging
- Price: Rs 26,999 for the base 8GB+128GB variant and Rs 28,999 for the 8GB+256GB variant.
Realme GT 5
Realme GT 5 is the latest GT edition from the company and is a flagship offering with premium hardware. There is a transparent RGB design with 4 halo light strips and a Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 logo on the back panel. The key highlight of the phone is the 24GB RAM option and 240W ultra-fast charging support.
- Display: 6.74-inch 1.5K AMOLED PRO-XDR display, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor paired with Adreno GPU for graphics.
- RAM and storage: Up to 24GB LPDDR5X RAM and 1TB of UFS 4.0 internal storage.
- OS: Android 13-based Realme UI 4.0 custom skin out of the box.
- Rear cameras: 50MP + 8MP + 2MP triple cameras. There is a 16MP front camera.
- Battery: 4,600mAh battery and 240W fast charging | 5,240mAh battery and 150W fast charging.
- Price: Realme GT 5 price starts at RMB 2999 (around Rs 34,500).
Infinix Zero 30 5G
The Infinix Zero 30 5G is a premium mid-range offering that offers a leather back panel design, a 50MP front camera sensor for selfies, a 144Hz AMOLED display, and a 108MP primary camera sensor.
- Display: 6.78-inch 10-bit curved AMOLED display, 144Hz refresh rate
- Processor: MediaTek Dimensity 8020 5G processor.
- RAM and Storage: 12GB RAM and 256GB UFS 3.1 storage.
- Battery: The phone houses a 5000mAh battery with 68W fast charging support.
- OS: Android 13-based XOS 13 custom skin out of the box.
- Cameras: 108MP primary camera sensor. There is a 50MP front camera for selfies and video calls.
- Price: Rs 23,999 for the 8GB/256GB version and Rs 24,999 for the 12GB/256GB model.