Xiaomi 13T, 13T Pro software update cycle
Xiaomi’s global communications director Daniel Desjarlais announced on X that the 13T and 13T Pro will receive four generations of Android OS upgrades, and five years of security updates. If we compare this to its predecessors, the 12T and 12T Pro, Xiaomi has bumped the update cycle by adding one more year. This brings Xiaomi on par with OnePlus and Samsung in terms of OS updates, but conventionally, the company tends to lag as much as 5-6 months with the software rollout timelines. Even when the rollout happens, some features are stripped out.
So starting with Android 14 that is slated to release this fall, the Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro smartphones will be upgraded up to Android 17 in 2026. It’s unclear if this would extend to other flagships, including the Xiaomi 13 Pro and Xiaomi 13 Ultra.
Xiaomi 13T, 13T Pro specifications
As for the upcoming phones, Xiaomi hasn’t revealed much but there have been several leaks with details on the specifications, features and design. According to leaks so far, the Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro share a similar set of specifications. Here’s a look at what to expect from the upcoming Xiaomi phones.
- Display: Xiaomi 13T and 13T Pro are expected to feature a 6.67-inch 1.5K OLED display with up to 144Hz refresh rate, and HDR 10+ support. Both the phones will feature a punch-hole display with narrow bezels.
- Processor: Xiaomi 13T is said to be powered by the MediaTek Dimensity 8200-Ultra, while the Pro version will gets the more powerful MediaTek Dimensity 9200+ chipset.
- RAM and storage: Xiaomi 13T will launch with up to 12GB of RAM and 256GB of onboard storage. The Pro version will most likely get two variants with 12GB RAM/16GB RAM and 256GB/ 512GB /1TB of internal storage.
- Battery, charging: Both the phones might pack the same 5,000mAh battery but with differences in fast charging. The 13T will come with 67W fast charging, and the 13T Pro will offer 120W fast charging support. The 13T Pro will most likely have wireless charging support as well.
- Software: The two phones will most likely run Android 13-based MIUI 14 custom skin out-of-the-box.
- Xiaomi 13T cameras: On the 13T, you could get a 50MP primary Leica sensor with OIS, a 50MP 2x telephoto lens and a 12MP ultra-wide-angle lens. For selfies, it will be a 20MP front camera.
- Xiaomi 13T Pro cameras: The Xiaomi 13T Pro is expected to feature a 50MP Sony IMX707 OIS primary camera, a 13MP Omnivision OV138 ultra-wide camera and a 50MP Omnivision OVSOD telephoto lens. This one too is said to house a 20MP front camera.
- Other features: Both phones are expected to come with an in-display fingerprint sensor, Dolby Atmos, an IP68 rating for splash and dust resistance, and Hi-Res audio.